Why Eat Fermented Kale instead of Raw?Application X
Most people start juicing Kale immediately when they start a new health program. Personally – I only use FERMENTED Kale…. Kale contains many beneficial nutrients, but it’s not good idea to eat these hearty leafy greens raw. Kale is a goitrogenic vegetable and when eaten raw in small quantities, this vegetable can inhibit the uptake of iodine by the thyroid gland. If it’s eaten in excess, these chemicals can inhibit the incorporation of iodine into thyroid hormone. This is a process that iodine supplements can’t reverse. Raw kale is also high in oxalic acid, which binds with minerals such as calcium and magnesium in the body causing them to crystalize. These crystals can damage tissues, cause inflammation in the body and kidney stones. So a daily dose of raw kale and other goitrogenic vegetables may not be such a great idea.
The traditional process of fermentation is one of the oldest methods of food preparation. It has not been until the last 100 years and with the advent of modern convenience foods, that we have forgotten the value of traditionally fermented foods. Fermentation actually increases the nutrient value of your food while also preserving it. It’s a win-win!
- Introduces beneficial bacteria to the digestive system.
- Supplies the body with active enzymes.
- Supports one of our key detoxification pathways, the colon. A body without a heavy toxic load never seems to age.
- Assists in pulling out toxic heavy metals from the body and neutralizing harmful chemicals. How? Good bacteria are experts in this field.
- Is more effective and powerful than a probiotic supplement.
When you ferment a powerful, sulfur-rich vegetable, the nutritional benefits skyrocket!
Here’s the brand/product I use: